Friday

Maggie Wasn't Just On the Raggie


Margaret Trudeau has finally come forward in public to discuss her problems dealing with mental illness. Good for her in addressing her issues and getting the help she needed.

Maggie was always a celebrity around the household I grew up in. After she split up with PET, she moved to one of the tonier little streets in New Edinburgh. When friends and family were visiting from out of town, my mother would always want me to take them to see Maggie's little house as part of any tour of the sites around Bytown.

"She keeps a nice kitchen," I remember my Great-Aunt Hazel once saying as she peered through lace-covered windows.

So if you're reading this Ms. Trudeau, maybe it wasn't all in your head. It might have been one of my relatives you thought you saw that time.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...