Friday

Why Bob Rocks

Ok, just let me go on a bit about Bob. Isn't he fabulous? We met him because he was the Muse's best commentator. Then, he started his own blog, and it is delightful. Here are just a few reasons I love Bob:
1) He is not a pretentious asshole.(Sorry, that is kind of a negative reason, isn't it?). He is obviously a skilled cook, and yet he is so casual about it. He'll talk about soaking red onions "to sweeten", which is something completely out of my cooking vocabulary. And yet, then he'll comment "that's good shit". This is the same reason why I love the Naked Chef, Jamie Oliver. I think Bob may be the Naked Chef of Ottawa.
2) He understands the yin/yang thing. He has a smoke after a jog. He understands that 'good living' isn't about this joyless puritanical existence that we see on some of the serious,earnest faces of some Ottawa people. You know the ones that go to bed at 9, eat only organic, get up at 6 and jog along the canal with a $1000 stroller. (Actually, I just know one person who does that!)
3) He knows how to fix things. I'm not just talking about hanging a Monet print; this guy can lay tiles and other complex tasks.
4) He is modest about his gifts. Modesty is underrated these days.
5) He is adorable. Remember when the 5M posted that photo of him. Sigh...

I promise, ESIs, I will not go on and on and on about Bob any more. I just had to get this out of my system.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...