Sunday

It's a new day

Photograph copyright National Center for Atmospheric Research Digital Media CatalogI find it interesting how we all want to share our experience of learning of the 9/11 destruction and how quickly we realized "everything's changed".

The man who made the "Arab brothers" remark shows that it wasn't the same change for everyone. I imagine that fellow already lived in a scary world.

Two highly interesting commentator developments:

Bridgehead Phoenix - I'm curious as to what flames Computer Guy is rising from. He's introduced himself with a nicely layered paragraph.

Kyle Foley - a poetry spammer! who knew that such people existed? sort of the digital version of the lcp and those folded 8.5"x11" sheets.

Back to Musie's Issues
5M has mentioned a couple of times lately that she's looking for someone with a high emotional quotient (EQ). I suspect a discussion on this topic would have people on various sides. (The Wikipedia entry on EQ has one of their "The neutrality of this article is disputed" warnings.) I thought I'd take an EQ test, but I'm halfway through and it just doesn't have options I can go with:

A work colleague does something that angers you. A month later the two of you spend some time together Response:
  • Make a statement by walking away
  • Let it go. The time has passed to talk about it
  • Get your anger off your chest. You’ll feel better
  • In a calm and forceful way, explain what made you so angry

Where's "run him through with your cutlass the instant he first catches your ire"? I guess I've got an Emotional Quotient that's off the chart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...