skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
Next Inspirations
online marketing
online marketing
Wednesday
You've been warned
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
7 days
A Taliban bobsled team?
The Independent Observer and me wuz debriefing the other night, after the Games That Must Not be Named©®™, when one of us started asking dum...
I'll Drive up Front with the Boys, Steve
This piece of political theatrics just made me laugh. From what I can see, there is plenty of room for more than one in the back seats. Bu...
ESI caption contest!
The prize? Not being thrown to the lions.
Oh, bite me, Peter!
"I don't really talk to my father in depth about his friendships. But I can tell you this: It was my opinion for a number of years ...
As you were...
Phew. Yesterday's drop in lululemon® stock prices appears to have been a mere knee-jerk market blip. The integrity of our (studiously ...
City of Spires II
(Or: The Environment Is the Economy...) (... Stupid.) Each autumn, I become a cranky coyote. Something to do with being 'bout six thou...
12 Google Resolutions for 2009
Last year I resolved to be more creative and stop relying on Google for my artistic inspiration. That didn't work out; so this year I we...
The Independent Observer's Summary from the past week
In the spirit of Agatha's update following the memorable Crisis Weekend, here's a precis of the last seven days: 1) After receiving ...
Breaking News: Ottawa River crash debris recovered
Turns out it was just a weather balloon. Nothing to see here. Please move on.
Overheard in Ottawa
On the #14: Two acquaintances discussing call centre work Earnest young woman: I just tell them I'm Canadian and they come around. L...
30 days
Going begging
It was either extensive research, or insomnia last weekend after one too many beavertails on the canal, that led us to the momentous discove...
A Taliban bobsled team?
The Independent Observer and me wuz debriefing the other night, after the Games That Must Not be Named©®™, when one of us started asking dum...
I'll Drive up Front with the Boys, Steve
This piece of political theatrics just made me laugh. From what I can see, there is plenty of room for more than one in the back seats. Bu...
Coyote and Dating
Coyote should not listen to any ESI pressure to enter into dating world. Dating is an evil construct, based on regressive, repressive outdat...
Stringin' the blues
A strange brew of sounds Saturday as Bluesfest wailed into its final weekend. Conch Shell and Painted Stick were flatly unimpressed with the...
Breaking News: Ottawa River crash debris recovered
Turns out it was just a weather balloon. Nothing to see here. Please move on.
I went to International Talk Like a Pirate Day...
...and when I regained consciousness somebody had dressed me up in this goofy outfit. Next time, I'm sending Fourth Dwarf. He deserves ...
Tank Top Tuesday
Nursmyra, is this a tank top or a corset?
Minutes: Emergency Meeting 20 March 2007
Venue: The Usual Spot Present: Conch Shell, Fourth Dwarf, The Independent Observer, Coyote (guest: Painted Stick) Late with no excuse: Eig...
Turn, turn, turn
Dimwitted coyote I may be, but there's nothing wrong with my efficiently pointy snout. Lately, the whiffy scent near this burg's s...
All time
Remember, keep your brush on the ice
City hockey fans have yet to recover from the whooping that Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins inflicted on the Ottawa Senators in t...
Avoiding the elephant in the womb
On a recent visit to one of my ancestral homelands, I met up with an old friend who is with child. She was waiting for me on the sidewalk o...
How many of us are feeling about this winter in Ottawa
Death, taxes and, oh yeah, annoying phone calls
You might think Canada's tax collectors would be a sharp bunch. Competent, educated, shrewd, with sharpened pencils at the ready. And th...
Publog Research: Preston Hardware
Fieldwork by the Research Director and Coyote, Easter Weekend 2007: Pluses (Features to emulate) FREE! ESPRESSO! SHOTS! Minuses (Features to...
Unreasonable demands
A number of demands have been made on me as the new muse that I deem to be unreasonable. 1) That I disclose details of my sex life . The 5th...
Send in the Clowns
Every time that I notice this mannequin, I am startled for a second. But, despite her clownish hair and her maniacal smile , she has excelle...
People in their lounging robes
I love Le Nordik , the scandinavian spa just 20 minutes from Ottawa. It is amazing, and reasonably priced. Much cheaper than therapy, and y...
Going begging
It was either extensive research, or insomnia last weekend after one too many beavertails on the canal, that led us to the momentous discove...
Sign Language and Prime Ministers
A little news story about sign language and the prime minister of Thailand sent me on an internet search quest this week. It seems the Thai ...
Blog Archive
►
2013
►
October
►
2012
►
February
►
January
▼
2011
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June
▼
May
Tips for Criminal Masterminds: the Secret Lair
Tips for Criminal Masterminds: Skill Building
Never Trust a Google Poem
You've been warned
Barking up the Big E-Bike Ban
At long last having pulled out a majority. . .
Vote...
►
April
►
March
►
February
►
January
►
2010
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June
►
May
►
April
►
March
►
February
►
January
►
2009
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June
►
May
►
April
►
March
►
February
►
January
►
2008
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June
►
May
►
April
►
March
►
February
►
January
►
2007
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June
►
May
►
April
►
March
►
February
►
January
►
2006
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June
►
May
►
2005
►
September
►
August
►
July
online marketing